Caring for animals can be a messy business! From bodily fluids– like urine, blood, slobber, and vomit– to dirt and muddy paw prints tracked in by furry patients, veterinary clinic floors take a beating daily. That’s why it’s so critical to have easy to clean, low-maintenance floors.
What Makes Concrete Coatings Ideal for Veterinary Clinic Flooring?
Concrete floor coatings like epoxy, polyurea, or polyaspartic make for the ideal animal hospital flooring solution thanks to their durability and cost-effectiveness. A few other reasons that vet clinics nationwide are opting for concrete coatings include:
- Cleanability: Keeping veterinary floors hygienic is critical to preventing the spread of harmful microbes, germs, and diseases. With concrete coatings, cleaning floors is a breeze because the surface is smooth (doesn’t have grout lines, grooves, or grains to scrub). Plus, using heavy-duty disinfectants and antimicrobial solutions on these floors won’t cause damage or deterioration.
- Extremely durable: Durability is the #1 concern when it comes to selecting a flooring system for veterinary facilities. That’s why so many clinics are opting for concrete coatings. Coatings can withstand daily wear and tear, keeping your floors in excellent condition for years.
- Stain resistance: Coatings are water, oil, and chemical resistant, so spills, blood, and animal waste don’t turn into stains.
- Abrasion resistant: Sharp nails are no match for epoxy, polyaspartic, and polyurea floor coatings. These materials can withstand even the sharpest nails.
- Quick installation: Most veterinary hospitals can’t afford to be closed for weeks on end waiting for flooring installations to be completed. That’s why MACH ONE™ typically recommends polyaspartic or polyurea coatings for vets. These materials are more durable than epoxy, but offer faster cure times meaning less downtime for your clinic.
- Optional anti-slip additives: Worried about your four-legged patients slipping and sliding all over your floors? By adding an aggregate during epoxy installation, we can create slip-resistant flooring to keep animals, staff, and pet owners safe at your clinic.
For these reasons, epoxy floor coatings are also excellent for other animal care facilities like kennels, animal shelters, pet daycares, dog boarding centers, and groomers.
Request a Free Quote on Your Vet Clinic or Animal Shelter Flooring Systems
If you’re ready to see what epoxy, polyurea, and polyaspartic coatings can do for your veterinary clinic, contact your local MACH ONE™ Epoxy Floors today! We’ll be happy to walk you through the installation process, and help you select the right flooring option for your unique needs.